One of Us Statement: The European Federation “One of Us” expresses its full rejection to a possible EU taxpayer funding to perform or promote abortion
- Jaime Mayor Oreja, President of the Federation One of Us: “After the resounding voice expressed by 2 million EU citizens demanding to the European Institutions to ban the fund of the activities that suppose the destruction of human life, the new declarations and requests for funding actions that directly threaten human life are not a right, but a clear violation of our democratic principles and of the defence and protection of life we owe to our society”.
- Carlo Casini, honorary president of the Federation One of Us, former chairman of the Constitutional Affairs Committee of the European Parliament: “Offer money to organizations that propagandize and implement abortion in the world, violates the principle of equal human dignity that Article. 2 of the EU Treaty sets as the foundation of the Union”.
- Thierry de La Villejégu, Vice-President of the Federation One of Us: “The funding by the EU of programs promoting and providing abortion in developing countries is an act of pure violence, a violation of the conscience of women and a violation of national sovereignty”.
- Jakub Baltroszewicz, Secretary General of the Federation One of Us: “We are firmly standing against financing abortion from the common budget of the EU”.
- Alex van Vuuren, Board member of the Federation One of Us: “It is very troubling that our government is exporting abortion “services” to other nations. As if these nations cannot decide themselves about family policy and the protection of life and health of its citizens”.
Here you can read the full statementPR – Mexico Policy 10.02.2017